Fusion of materials with innovative laser microstructuringTorek, 23. maj 2023
LaserFusion - Fusion of materials with innovative laser microstructuring
Development of innovative laser microstructuring technology for joining of lightweight hybrid components in combination of materials metal + polymer.
The purpose of the project "Development of innovative laser microstructuring technology for joining of lightweight hybrid components" is:
- Green transition of the automotive industry, which is one of the main CO2 emitters (transport sector causes 30% of all CO2 emission in EU) through design of hybrid automotive components with 10% weigh reduction.
- Increase in recycling rates of the hybrid automotive parts.
- Reinforcement of the position of R&D supplier through the innovative and patentable technology.
- Development of the innovative process suitable for serial production of hybrid components with higher energy and material efficiency, contributing to lower CO2 emissions.
Main objectives of the project are: Technology enables 10% weight reduction in hybrid components for automotive industry. The process of joining through laser microstructuring is 50% more energy efficient, 10% more material efficient and emits 50% less CO2 emissions. Automatization and robotization of the process with development and implementation of digital twin. Technology enables joining combination of materials: aluminium and TPE, aluminium and polyamide, steel and TPE, steel and polyamide. Technology enables recycling of all materials/components that the hybrid product is composed of (no adhesives used). Technology enables serial production of hybrid solutions with higher added value.
Project is divided into 3 main parts:
- Development of the microstructure on the surface of aluminium and steel obtained through laser structuring.
- Development of the injection moulding process optimised to the joining technology.
- Development and production of the laser system suitable for serial production of hybrid components with innovative laser microstructuring technology.
Project title: Development of innovative technology for joining "Lightweight" products with laser microstructuring
Tender title: "INCENTIVES FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS NOO" (abbreviation of the public tender: "JR RRI NOO")
Consortium: Iskra ISD - Plast d.o.o., ISKRA PRO Kranj, d.o.o.
• Value of the entire project: €992,665.12
• Estimated value of co-financing: €248,166.26
Funded by the European Union - NextGenerationEU.